After months of work, I was finally able to complete the target that I had set for myself at the start of the quarter: using R to know about Art History. Past couple of weeks have been a roller coaster due to R and Shiny. Every day I would encounter some new problem that did not seem to have any solutions but slowly I managed my way through each one of them until the last one. I have made a visually good looking chart with help of highcharts library in Shiny to plot the various stats I had collected and it runs perfectly; the only problem, it does not run as expected when deployed on shinyapps. It takes around 2 minutes to make the same plot that it does in nanoseconds when done locally. I cannot get this problem solved but I am happy that I learned so much through my journey that has not ended yet.
As my final goal was to make my analysis accessible to everyone, especially the art history department at my university, I will now learn more about Tableau and Tableau public and try to successfully host my findings there instead of Shiny. If someone is interested to see the wrangling I did and how to use highcharts (which is way better than plotly and ggplot in looks) then here is the link to the GitHub repo: Art and R
Hope to learn tableau as soon as possible and successfully host the application online for everyone to refer to and use.
Link to tableau workbook (under-work): Art and R